Home of the Brave

The FHS Half-Day Band performs during the Veterans Day program on Thursday, November 9.

Laysha Dominquez

Laysha Dominquez

Skylar Tarkington, Editor

Thursday, November 9th, the high school Student Council and JROTC held their annual Veterans Assembly.

Each year JROTC starts off the day with the Veterans Breakfast. After breakfast the veterans are escorted down to the gym to start off the assembly.

The assembly started off with the presentation of colors by the JROTC Color Guard followed by the national anthem by the choir. Student Council’s Speaker of the House, Abbie White, then led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance. Choir then sang the “Armed Forces Medley” and “We Honor You.” The JROTC Battalion XO, Lynsey Gulley, led everyone through the POW, MIA, and KIA round table ceremony. After the ceremony, Kegan Kunz played “Taps” after the Student Council Chief of Staff, Bailey Stamp, presented the veterans memorial wreath.

With the ceremonies over, several Student Council and JROTC members had speeches prepared. In between the lineup of speeches, the Student Council Half Day Band performed “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King.

To wrap up the whole assembly, JROTC and Student Council handed out custom-made mugs for the veterans. Scratch Pad would like to congratulate Student Council and JROTC for putting on a wonderful assembly. We would also like to give thanks to all of the veterans of our community.

• Home of the Brave

Events

First Responders Recognized by StuCo

• Clubs

Student Council’s Winter Energizer

• Home of the Brave

Student Council

StuCo Spreading Christmas Spirit

• Home of the Brave

Clubs

Leaders of All Ages

• Home of the Brave

Clubs

Drive 4UR School

• Home of the Brave

Student Council

FHS Stu Co Joins National Family Partnership in Promoting Red Ribbon Week

• Home of the Brave

Clubs

Future Leaders of FHS

• Home of the Brave

Feature

Courageous Counselors

• Home of the Brave

Showcase

Brainiacs

• Home of the Brave

Showcase

Polar Plunge

Home of the Brave