Leaders of All Ages

Student Body officers (from left to right) Sara White, Haley Gilmore, and Skylar Tarkington

Abbie White

Abbie White

Skylar Tarkington, Editor

The Fredericktown Middle School’s Student Council has been busy this year, but they are wanting to do even more. Monday Dec. 4th, FHS Student Body officers got to talk with the KABMS Student Council about what they can do to make their school better but also have fun doing it. Student Body President, Skylar Tarkington, started off the meeting with a rundown of Christmas activities that the high school participates in. The middle school student council officers were beyond excited about Christmas ideas they can use this year. However, the middle school doesn’t want just Christmas ideas. They want to know how they can change for the better.

One of the biggest differences between the middle school and high school student councils is that the middle school is not part of MASC. MASC is the Missouri Association of Student Councils and they are the reason FHS knows how to run a student council. MASC trains officers and council members how to be leaders and teaches them activities they can use at their school to, raise money, raise awareness, and even just raise school spirit. The FHS Student Body officers are starting to really push that the middle school join MASC and ever since their meeting, the middle school is dying to join. The class officers of the middle school have been long awaiting for help to get their school more involved with school and community activities. The middle school was thrilled to know they can finally get some help with their lack of participation and attendance. The middle school student council were asking great questions as well. One of the officers simply asked, “How can I become a better leader?” Questions like that nearly bring tears to hardcore student council members. I think the meeting was one step toward the right direction of a better middle school.

About the Photographer
Abbie White, Writer
Abbie White is bae goals. She is funny and terrible at procrastinating. Her favorite chocolate candy is Twix, which is totally amazing. She loves anime with a great passion, especially Tokyo Ghoul, and Korean Pop, also known as K-Pop. This super-nerd loves the Netflix original series Stranger Things. She has two siblings whom she loves...
  • FFA

FFA State Competition 2018 Edition

• Leaders of All Ages

FFA

FFA District Competitions 2018 Edition

• Clubs

Guitar Club

• Leaders of All Ages

Art Club

Art and Animals

• Leaders of All Ages

DECA

DECA State

• FBLA

FBLA Update

• Leaders of All Ages

Events

Party in the FHS

• Leaders of All Ages

Publications

“I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!”

• Leaders of All Ages

FFA

FFA Week

• Leaders of All Ages

Rifle Team

Right on Target

Leaders of All Ages