A Night In Greece: Prom 2k18

Prom king Michael Parrish and prom queen Kylie Mann pose for their picture

Malayna Elrod, writer

This year, our juniors planned a very unique and creative prom theme. The prom theme for this year was A Night In Greece, which the colors were white and gold. The parents and prom committee set up tables with flowers and vases on it, a huge canopy structure with a chandeler in the middle of the gym, and places to take prom pictures. The gym was beautiful and all of the people that helped out did a very good job.

The food that was served was lil’ smokies, fruit kabobs, sandwiches, and chips. For dessert there was cookies and brownies served. The food was amazing and so were the servers! The boys wore a white tucked in shirt with khakis and the girls wore a white dress with a leaf crown on their heads. Like every year, the servers were chosen from the sophomore class.

Once everything was set up, the students started to show up in beautiful gowns and fresh tuxedos. As the night started, the public were asked to leave and students were asked to take a seat. After 15 minutes of sitting, the servants called up each table to get food. Everyone enjoyed the food and some even wanted seconds!

Soon after everyone was done eating, the party began. The DJ played tons of fun songs and even some slow songs. A lot of the students went on the dance floor and gave it all they had! There were dances from the cupid shuffle to the whip and nae nae.

After a lot of dancing, it was time for the crowning of the queen and king. Each candidate walked a route around the gym and then went to the back of the gym and stood in patience until all the candidates were introduced. The winner of the queen and king of prom was Michael Perish and Kylie Mann. As the old queen and king, Raylynn Dodd and Travis Reed, crowned the new queen and king, everyone clapped and cheered. Then it was time for the couples dance. As they danced, everyone soon joined in.

After everyone left, some stayed afterward to clean up. Overall, prom was an amazing experience, not only for me but for everyone who went. I hope next year is just as good!