Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Patrick Sikes receives an award from Coach Pierson

Malayna Elrod

Malayna Elrod

Easton Elrod, Writer

Towards the end of the school year is when school sports really heat up. Sports such as baseball and girls soccer play their seasons out, among other sports in what is considered by some to be the most exciting sports seasons in the school year. What better way to honor them for their hard work than with a banquet filled with tasty food and wonderful speeches, along with many awards being given out.

The night started with Coach McFadden giving a heartfelt speech about how the team did and all the hard work they had done that season. He then continued to call up the team and give awards to those who earned them. The seniors then gave a speech to him giving gratitude for what he has done for them.

It was then Coach Sikes’s turn to announce how golf did all season, and awarded the select few who earned it. His speech was filled with hopes for next season, and plans for his players to improve.

Then it was baseball’s turn, with Coach O’Neal giving the speech instead of Coach Davis due to his back surgery. The team did very well and plans to do even better if they get to actually play their games due to the weather.

Coach Boston gave the speech for track, and he did not disappoint. He kept it lighthearted and to the point, with many jokes in between. Track had a great season, and plans to train even harder, despite the loss of sprinter Blaine Fingers next year.

Finally, Coach Garrity gave a speech for Scholar Bowl, which had a long yet fun season. He really showed love and care for his players, and he has high hopes for next season.

The event was wrapped up with a speech given by Mr. Gibbs, and  thus concluded a wonderful night.

About the Contributors
Easton Elrod, Writer
He’s a classic centennial that doesn’t appreciate good music. He remembers basketball stats instead of remembering to turn in his homework. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed but he’s still an Allstar. He is the co-writer of the famous editorial “Michael the Magical Mini-Fridge” and a valued Scratch Pad member.
Malayna Elrod, Writer
Malayna is a pretty rad teen. She likes to paint and listen to music in her free time. She is a Taurus, a loyal friend and winter is her aesthetic. She believes there is nothing better than snuggling up with some herbal tea and watching movies. Malayna’s the type of person that is friendly to anyone....
  • Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Showcase

To New Beginnings

• Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Showcase

Track Sectionals 2018

• Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Showcase

It Was Raining and So Were My Eyes: Student Council Retreat

• Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Showcase

A Night In Greece: Prom 2k18

• Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Feature

FCCLA Going Out with a Bang

• Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Showcase

To New Beginnings

• Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Showcase

Track Sectionals 2018

• Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Showcase

• Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

Showcase

A Night In Greece: Prom 2k18

• Spring

Catching Up With the Track Season

Spring Athletic Banquet 2018