A Pep Rally to Remember

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Pep Rally to Remember

Colton Rehkop, Blayke Maxwell, and Dylan St. Clair laughing while playing in the scavenger hunt.

Liz Hinkle

Liz Hinkle

Liz Hinkle

Liz Hinkle, Writer

Last Friday, September 28th, all the classes gathered in the gymnasium to face off for the 2018 spirit stick.

Liz Hinkle
Freshmen class during scream off.

This was the first high school pep rally for the freshmen, and the energy from them was very impressive. You could tell they were happy to be there and excited to participate.

Liz Hinkle
Blake Reeder jumping from hula hoop to hula hoop.

The next game was pretty simple: beat your opponent in a game of rock-paper-scissors after jumping through hula hoops. Blake Reeder pulled a win for the junior class with his mad rock-paper-scissors skills.

Liz Hinkle
Lexi Pogue reacting to Anne White winning the contest.

After the hula hoop rock-paper-scissors contest, a player from every fall sport faced off to try to find a starburst in a pie. This game took three seconds to complete, and Anne White won for the cheerleaders. Then four students from each grade came down onto the court for a relay race. They had to mummify a class sponsor with toilet paper and then pull out tissues from a box one by one. After that, the students had to unscramble a phrase then stack cups. The seniors won that game. The most exciting part of the pep rally was the new “Mr. Blackcat” contest. Lane Sikes from the freshmen class, Ruben Benitez from the sophomore class, Noah Korokis from the junior class and Clemens Novak from the senior class went up against each other in two different rounds. The first was talent: Noah Korokis did some sort of tumble. Lane Sikes read the ABC’s backwards off his hand, Clemens sang “Never Gonna Give You Up” and got the crowd to join in. For Ruben Benitez’s talent, he attempted breakdancing. Brayden made his leg turn around backwards and walked around with it. After talent, all the boys had a flex off and Clemens won that round and the title of Mr. Blackcat.

Liz Hinkle
Seniors sprinting off to get their well deserved spirit stick.

In the end, seniors won the scream off and the spirit stick, a great way to end their last pep rally. Everyone that knows the senior class knows they are very competitive. They worked hard for the stick and they deserved it.

About the Writer
Liz Hinkle, Writer

Liz is a very laid back and reserved girl until you get to know her. She likes to play tennis and run. She would like to spend her nights binge watching...

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Feature

Joyful Smiles Are All They Need

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Feature

Catwalking: Thanksgiving Edition

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Feature

Andiamo! Let’s Go to Italy!

• Arts

Band: Contest

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Showcase

FHS Acts Out

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Track

Upcoming: Track 2019

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Showcase

Sweetheart

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Boys Basketball

Big Wins

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Scholar Bowl

Smarties at Scholar Bowl

• A Pep Rally to Remember

Sports

Weightlifting Meet 2k19

A Pep Rally to Remember