2k18 Color Run!

All the helpers and runners that were in the color run.

Emilee Goldsmith, Writer

On October 10, eight people came out to the town of Fredericktown to run a Color Run 5k. It was a very cold and cloudy day, but many people still came out to help and to run. This event was hosted by the FCCLA Club with the help of the Fredericktown Police Dept and Coach Wooldridge. Mrs. Mungle, the FCCLA sponsor, organized the whole run with the help of senior Marissa Hale.

Although it was very cold out, everyone started off hot. There were six FHS students that participated. The other two people who ran were father and daughter. As I was watching them go by, the father was encouraging his daughter to keep going. They both finished within thirty minutes!

The course started at Wilson’s Funeral Home and ended at the Post Office. There were three stations along the way where people would throw paint powder at the runners. When the runners started the race, their shirts were white, but by the time they finished, their shirts had been covered in multiple colors. There were stations around town, and when they passed by, they would get covered with colors.

As they came to the end of the race they would cross the finish line near Coach Wooldridge, who revealed their time. Everyone finished within forty-five minutes. As they crossed the line, the bystanders were cheering for them. At the finish line Mrs. Mungle gave out water and snacks. She also kept track of everyone’s times. Everyone had a great time.

This run was very small this year, but Mrs. Mungle hopes to have more people next year to support the FCCLA club. Mrs. Mungle is very thankful to the people that helped her with this event. Keep an eye out for the run next year so you can participate as well.