FCCLA Career/College Day

Students and teachers visit the table sponsored by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

Allie Pickert

Allie Pickert

Allie Pickert, Writer

FCCLA is the acronym for Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. Careers are the central part of FCCLA, which is why every year our FCCLA organization has a career day at which a variety of different careers are showcased to the student body. This year along with the careers, many Missouri colleges were there to represent their schools and try to recruit new students for the next year.

Allie Pickert
A Ranken Technical College representative shares his “Professional Grade” brochure. Ranken has campuses in St. Louis, Wentzville, and Perryville.

Many of the careers  were represented by business leaders or faithful employees. Even if you didn’t want to learn about a potential career, you could’ve just stopped by for some cool treats like the mints that the pharmacy representative gave out. Colleges like SEMO were in attendance, and they gave out pamphlets to prospective students so they could learn more about the school that they’re wanting to attend.

Allie Pickert
A talk about roofing given by Melvin Mills Roofing, LLC, of Fredericktown

We hope for this day to be another huge success next year by including even more professionals with information about careers and colleges.

About the Contributor
Allie Pickert, Writer
Allie loves Netflix and books. She is a classic book enthusiast that loves reading book series and not people’s feelings. She also loves watching Netflix series like Riverdale, Stranger Things, and Supernatural. Her favorite non-Netflix series is Game of Thrones because the women are so fierce and vicious. Her obsession with reading definitely reflects in...
  • FCCLA Career/College Day

FCCLA

Life’s Like a Box of Chocolates

• FCCLA Career/College Day

FCCLA

FCCLA throughout the Semester

• FCCLA Career/College Day

Fall

Cape Notre Dame Just Got Served

• Entertainment

A New Type of Sport

• FCCLA Career/College Day

Fall

Fundraising Flyers

• FCCLA Career/College Day

Fall

Band of Brothers

• FCCLA Career/College Day

Showcase

Flashy Kicks and Hat Tricks

• FCCLA Career/College Day

Fall

Team Work Makes the Dream Work

• Feature

Andiamo! Let’s Go to Italy!

• FCCLA Career/College Day

Humans of FredMO

Basketball Star in the Making

FCCLA Career/College Day