Beta Club Trip

Malayna Elrod, writer

Beta expands your horizons. Literally. Whether through local service projects, state conventions, leadership summits or our yearly national convention, members have the opportunity to get out–and, in some cases, way out–to make a difference. It provides students with an ideal environment in which to grow. Not to mention, there’s no better (or more fun) way to see new places. Simply put, Beta offers a long list of one-of-a-kind experiences for one-of-a-kind students.

Our local Beta leaders are taking 50 Beta Club students and sponsors to see the School of Rock musical at the Fabulous Fox Theatre in St. Louis on January 25th. Based on the hit film, this irresistible new musical follows Dewey Finn, a failed, wannabe rock star who decides to earn a few extra bucks by posing as a substitute teacher at a prestigious prep school. There he turns a class of straight-A students into a guitar-shredding, bass-slapping, mind-blowing rock band. While teaching these pint-sized prodigies what it means to truly rock, Dewey falls for the school’s beautiful, but uptight headmistress, helping her rediscover the wild child within.

What about joining Beta? Beta is a whole lot more than a line on your transcript or wearing a lapel pin. Beta helps shape its members’ futures. Whether attending a state convention, our national convention or participating in local service projects, you’ll not only learn valuable life lessons, but you’ll make lifelong friends in the process. If you would like to join then talk to Mrs.Hovis, Mrs.Henson, or Mrs.Singleton.