The Fight Against The Raiders

Ethan Flanagan is shooting a free throw.

Malayna Elrod, Writer

The Blackcats were ready to fight for a win against the North County Raiders on Jan. 19th for our annual homecoming game! The Cats have been practicing really hard and were prepared for anything that the Raiders would bring. Before the game, the bleachers filled with fans ready to cheer on our boys. The players were ready to take a win.  Our team did really well with participating in teamwork, handling the ball, and staying low on defense. This year’s homecoming game was very fun to watch and kept us on our toes. In the game, the boys made some impressive shots and ball handling skills.Even though we lost this game, they did many things well and are getting better and better!

Homecoming is a tradition that schools have done for generations. It is a way to celebrate how long or old your team has been together. Our basketball team is like a family; they’re always there for each other and use teamwork. They stick together no matter what and that is what makes us a really good basketball team. Going to games like homecoming shows that you support your team and it means a lot to them. A lot of our students came and watched which really made the school look good. Our school has a fantastic sports program and we should be very thankful. In the homecoming game, we got to put good use to our new scoreboard. Overall our annual homecoming game was a success for everyone.