Basketball Star in the Making

Malayna Elrod

Aiden Elrod shows off his own merch.

Malayna Elrod, Writer

Aiden Elrod is a very unique person and overall my favorite brother. Not only is he good in the classroom, but he is also good on the court. Aiden loves basketball more than anyone else I know. He practices at any time of the day and in any type of weather. If one word could define Aiden, then it would be “Commitment”. No matter what, Aiden will do anything for his basketball team. In his eyes, its not a team but a family. Aiden has been playing basketball since he was a little boy. His first basketball experience was with the Upward Basketball Program when he was 8. Then he started AAU when he was 10 years old. When middle school came around, he decided he wanted to try out for the middle school basketball team. Aiden ended up making the team and playing forward until he moved to the high school building. As a freshman, Aiden plans on playing for the Fredericktown Blackcats throughout his high school career. After high school, he plans on going to college and playing for their basketball team. “You’ll see me on T.V” Aiden said.

One thing that a lot of people don’t know about Aiden is that he raps. Yes, you read that right. Aiden started making music in 2017 and continues to make great music for his fans. He goes by “Lil Jank”. Some of his lyrics include “On the grind, 24/7, started ballin’ when I was 11” and “Forget about the haters”. I asked Aiden if he could give me a quote and he said this “Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard.” Aiden is a very good kid with great sportsmanship, a kind heart, and a passion for basketball.