Blackcat Pride!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Blackcat Pride!

Kayleigh Slinkard, Callie Slinkard, and Lily Penwell cheering the boys team on.

Molly Sikes

Molly Sikes

Molly Sikes

Emilee Goldsmith, Writer

Let’s get a little bit rowdy! The Fredericktown High School loves supporting their school by sitting in a section during a basketball game and cheering them on. The presidents of the club are Marissa Hale and Alayna Buxton. They both have main parts in the club. They have to set theme nights, paint faces, and get everyone hyped for the game. By doing this it really helps the players feel important when they feel down. Sometimes people or parents that come to watch the games even join in with the cheers.

Some theme nights they have done in the past were, construction clothes, american flag, school colors, and black out. People take these nights to the extreme. People normally get to the school around 5:30 to paint each others faces. The members paint their faces according to the theme night. Many people come out to be in pep club at every game. Some nights they even make signs for the players or our school. They could range from, encouraging our team to showing how much we want them to win.

Pep club is not just for basketball; they also were there for football games. They didn’t have very many people come to these games, but they did try to get people there. They had theme nights and loud voices there to support our boys. They also come out for volleyball to support the girls.

This year they hope to have many people join the club throughout the year at anytime. They want to make the club as big as possible. Small clubs are not what they want here. They want as many loud or quiet voices as they can get. One goal they have this year is to get big enough to go to away games as a school function. If you want to be in pep club talk to Mrs. Allgier or Mr. Carver. They would love to have anyone and everyone there!

About the Writer
Emilee Goldsmith, Writer

Emilee is a calm and quiet girl. She enjoys dancing, playing soccer, and hanging with friends. When she has nothing to do, she enjoys binge watching Netflix...

• Arts

Band: Contest

• Blackcat Pride!

Showcase

FHS Acts Out

• Blackcat Pride!

Track

Upcoming: Track 2019

• Blackcat Pride!

Showcase

Sweetheart

• Blackcat Pride!

Boys Basketball

Big Wins

• Blackcat Pride!

Scholar Bowl

Smarties at Scholar Bowl

• Blackcat Pride!

Sports

Weightlifting Meet 2k19

• Blackcat Pride!

Basketball Cheer

Final Cheers: FHS Senior Basketball Cheerleaders

• Blackcat Pride!

Girls Basketball

Keep Your Head Up

• DECA

DECA: Fredericktown Brings the Heat

Blackcat Pride!