Beta Club

Last year's state convention winners, Joslyn Schott and Riley Dodson

Malayna Elrod, Writer

Have you ever heard of Beta? I know you’re thinking, “This is just some boring club that wastes your time.” Well, you’re missing out on the true meaning of Beta. Beta is a very unique club that gets the members involved in many positive activities. No, it’s not playing video games till 4 a.m., but you’ll still have tons of fun. Some Beta activities include collecting food for the local food pantry, running a very organized toy drive, running a concession stand, and taking a trip to the Fox Theatre.

To be a member, you have to have a 9.0 GPA on an 11 point scale. Every time that a student participates in one of Beta’s activities, he or she gets a Beta point. When you are a junior or a senior, you are eligible to participate in the Beta Convention as long as you have reached the lower limit of Beta points that is required to participate. Sounds pretty easy, right?  At Beta Convention, students compete in academic contests, submit art and photography, and have a talent team that competes every year. Betas making some slight changes this year. This year’s convention will not be in March in Branson, but in December in Springfield. Also only people that are going to compete can go. But it’s okay because it will be just as fun as the years before.

Overall, Beta is a very fun club that everyone should try to join and participate in! Mrs. Hovis always needs help with the concession stands, so sign up today!

About the Writer
Malayna Elrod, Writer
Malayna is a pretty rad teen. She likes to paint and listen to music in her free time. She is a Taurus, a loyal friend and winter is her aesthetic. She believes there is nothing better than snuggling up with some herbal tea and watching movies. Malayna’s the type of person that is friendly to anyone....
  • Beta

Beta Club Trip

• Beta

Beta News

• Beta Club

Feature

FCCLA Going Out with a Bang

• Beta Club

Showcase

To New Beginnings

• Beta Club

Showcase

Track Sectionals 2018

• Beta Club

Showcase

Spring Athletic Banquet 2018

• Beta Club

Showcase

It Was Raining and So Were My Eyes: Student Council Retreat

• Beta Club

Showcase

A Night In Greece: Prom 2k18

• Spring

Catching Up With the Track Season

• Choir

The Choir Defies Gravity

Beta Club