Beta Club

Last year's state convention winners, Joslyn Schott and Riley Dodson

Malayna Elrod, Writer

Have you ever heard of Beta? I know you’re thinking, “This is just some boring club that wastes your time.” Well, you’re missing out on the true meaning of Beta. Beta is a very unique club that gets the members involved in many positive activities. No, it’s not playing video games till 4 a.m., but you’ll still have tons of fun. Some Beta activities include collecting food for the local food pantry, running a very organized toy drive, running a concession stand, and taking a trip to the Fox Theatre.

To be a member, you have to have a 9.0 GPA on an 11 point scale. Every time that a student participates in one of Beta’s activities, he or she gets a Beta point. When you are a junior or a senior, you are eligible to participate in the Beta Convention as long as you have reached the lower limit of Beta points that is required to participate. Sounds pretty easy, right?  At Beta Convention, students compete in academic contests, submit art and photography, and have a talent team that competes every year. Betas making some slight changes this year. This year’s convention will not be in March in Branson, but in December in Springfield. Also only people that are going to compete can go. But it’s okay because it will be just as fun as the years before.

Overall, Beta is a very fun club that everyone should try to join and participate in! Mrs. Hovis always needs help with the concession stands, so sign up today!

About the Writer
Malayna Elrod, Writer

Malayna Lynn Elrod is a true hippie when it comes to her heart. She is a proud feminist, animal activist, and the best sister in the world. Malayna is...

• Beta

Beta Club Trip

• Beta

Beta News

• Beta Club

Arts

Art and Aphorisms

• Beta Club

Cross Country

Run, Fredmo! Run!

• Beta Club

Football Cheer

Spirit, Sportsmanship, Strong Bonds: What Makes Cheer Important

• Beta Club

Showcase

The Final Call

• Beta Club

Humans of FredMO

Robots Make Better Friends

• Beta Club

Showcase

Waving Goodbye to the Seniors

• Events

FB Homecoming

• Beta Club

Showcase

2k18 Color Run!

Beta Club