Cheering the Night Away

Haley Tucker

Sophomore Emma McMillen cheering on our football players.

Haley Tucker, Writer

Welcoming a new cheer season also means welcoming new opportunities, people, and experiences. This year the cheer team also had three new freshmen: Lilly Fuller, Jayden Jenkins, and Izibel Parson. 

October 7th was our Pink Out game, in which the cheerleaders wore pink bows to support the people who are fighting cancer. Although we lost, they did not fail to continue cheering on our players. The cheerleaders also got the crowd pumped up and even led them in cheers. One of the crowd’s favorite cheers to participate in is “Go Gold, Go Black, Go Team Attack.” For the past few games, the cheerleaders have been throwing miniature footballs, which people loved, into the crowds.

Freshman Lilly Fuller about to perform a basket toss. (Haley Tucker)

In my opinion, the cheerleaders have been very successful this season. Coach Carma Smith says, “The squad has been working hard since tryouts last spring. Their work has paid off. The team has greatly improved their stunting abilities. I’m excited to see what basketball season holds for them.”

“Being a cheerleader is fun and this season has been very interesting,” is how sophomore Tristyn Sikes feels about this season.

As the football season ends and the basketball season begins, I will say that I am excited to see them cheer again.