A Team Above All: Golf Year in Review

Freshman+Grant+Ebert+putting+his+tee+in+the+ground+to+hit+the+ball+off.+

Liz Hinkle

Freshman Grant Ebert putting his tee in the ground to hit the ball off.

Emilee Goldsmith, Writer

The Fredericktown Golf team had a great end to the season. In the West County Invitational, the team finished first. They finished with a conference record of 1-6. Even though golf is about individual records and averages, this team also learns how to be one together.

Grant Ebert qualified for the Sectional Tournament. He tied for 38th out of 50 at sectionals. They had a couple of individuals on the team that their nine-hole average was below 50, which they haven’t seen in awhile. The team is excited to see the next season because they will have seniors to lead the team, and they are hoping to win more matches throughout the season. Throughout this season, Coach Sikes has seen many improvements with his team. He can not wait to see what they accomplish throughout their high school career. This season was mostly just for practice for next year, because they feel as if next season will be their year to win.

Overall for the finish of this season Coach Sikes is very proud of his team’s hard work. Even though they didn’t have any seniors this year, the juniors stepped up and were encouraging for the team. Next season is their season to be the winners so keep a watch out for their matches times and dates for the 2020 season.