Scratch Pad

Scratch Pad

Scratch Pad

Future Career, and Community Leaders of America

FCCLA
FCCLA+club+members+attending+District+Competition.+
Mrs. Cole
FCCLA club members attending District Competition.

The FCCLA Club represents the Future, Career, and Community Leaders of America. This is a national club that offers countless opportunities and resources for students. This club pursues career opportunities for students that support families and communities. People involved in this program focus on societal issues and family and consumer sciences. FCCLA has been around since 1945 and is still a very popular club that many people at FHS take part in. 

Currently, the FCCLA program at Fredericktown High School has been working on a lot of projects within the community. They did multiple things early into the school year such as trash pick-up in September, and they are planning to do it again in May. The club hosted a pumpkin painting competition for Halloween. The money raised during the competition was donated to the CAT Pack program, which gives students in need food to eat at home. This November, the members set up the Career Fair. During this event, different organizations presented job opportunities, demonstrating their benefit packages and perks. The FCCLA club prepared a meal for the presenters. 

Another way the club stays active is by having friendly competitions with other local FCCLA members. This year they had a recycling competition and Nikolija Mihajlovic (12) competed in the first ever commercial baking contest and took home silver. By participating in such events, the members have the opportunity to become more involved with the community, developing characteristics that could help them become local leaders and influencers. There is also quite a bit of activities that the FCCLA has hosted at school. In the last week before Christmas break, they hosted the FHS Idol. They also will host the Sweetheart Banquet on March 2nd. During this event, two representatives from various school clubs represent their club with two speeches, and one club is selected as a winner. 

In October they traveled to a fall leadership conference, and in March they will participate in the Missouri State Convention. This club offers its members various conferences to engage in. Some examples are in January, when seven students competed in Star events, held at a district event. Two groups won gold and will move on to the state competition. Walela Carroll (11), Jasmine Thimon (9), Ava Mireles (9), and Jayden Pogue (9) are the state advances. These are just some of the amazing activities that FCCLA has taken part in. They have helped both better our school and our community in various ways, and they plan to proceed in the future.