Seniors talking while others are bowling in the back.
Livee McFadden
Categories:

Bragging Rights

Newly minted graduates return exhausted but happy after Project Grad party at Bonne Terre

From the May 18th graduation night into the May 19th morning, the seniors went to the Bonne Terre Family Fun Center. They chose this for their project graduation destination. The Family Fun Center was kind enough to start the night off by giving everyone in attendance a free pizza and large drink. While the seniors were eating, they also were having bowling competitions, lots of them. Almost every alley was being used, and everyone was having a fun time while also competing to get the best score.

While the bowling allies were being used, some other seniors with a rush of exhilaration went straight to the go-karts. This was the absolute most exciting part about the trip. Even though there are some rules about driving safe and no bumping, the seniors didn’t take that to account as almost every race someone spun out or got hit into the side of the track barriers. There was no anger with anyone about it; instead, there was laughter and adrenaline and memories to be made, as well as a rival on the track.

There was a new addition to the Family Fun Center that had whoever was on it screaming: a VR roller coaster. This machine looked futuristic and well put together as it moved around according to the VR roller coaster visual it was put on. It was a nice refresher to wake you up. Remember, it was about 1 a.m. Sunday morning that everyone was getting used to doing their thing in the place.

Next to the VR roller coaster were the pool tables and the arcade, although the pool tables weren’t used until later in the night/morning; people used that earlier time with the arcade. There were basketball games, shooting games, traditional games such as Pac-Man, there were timing games, racing games, 2-player games—the list could go on. Almost every game was used there multiple times, especially the basketball and Pac-Man ones. Seniors got a free $25 dollars before they got let in so that they could spend it in the arcade.

Behind the arcade was the mini-golf area. This was a place to chill out and have a little friendly and fun competition between the seniors. I talked to an employee, and he stated that his record was 20 swings, which is very impressive as there are 9 holes. Seniors took the course with their friends, and some had to wait on others to finish the hole they were on, but patience for your friend to get back into the fun is what makes a good friend and player, as the seniors demonstrate.

There was also an area outside where there were water bumper cars, roller skating, and pickle ball. The bouncy houses were down at this time, but that didn’t stop anyone from having fun in that area. There were some pickle ball games that lasted for a little bit until someone won and received bragging rights.

One more thing to note is that we, as the students and staff, are incredibly grateful and proud of the significant work these seniors have done throughout their school career. Some even have also been working on and graduated college while in high school. We thank all of the teachers from the elementary, intermediate, middle, and high school, both still here and moved away, for helping the seniors build their life around being respectful, responsible, determined, kind, helpful, proud, engaged, and most importantly ready to learn, as there is always something new to grasp and master. As I proudly speak on behalf of the Fredericktown R-1 School District and the community, thank you, seniors, for being such bright leaders to our fellow students and incoming Blackcats. We hope you have a wonderful and successful life and that you always hold onto the memories here, and your last memory of each other at the Family Fun Center.