Scratch Pad

The Student News Site of Fredericktown High School

Scratch Pad

Scratch Pad

Polls

Which is better, Pancakes or Waffles?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Coming in Strong

Senior+Dani+West+serving+during+her+match+against+Farmington.+
Yesenia Grado
Senior Dani West serving during her match against Farmington.

The 2023/2024 Ladycats tennis team has come in strong this school year. Not only have our Ladycats shown great sportsmanship, but they have also shown true talent and dominated on the court. There are many new faces on the tennis team this year, including coach Angie Francis and multiple onboarding freshmen and upperclassmen. This year’s Ladycats tennis roster consists of several skillful competitors, including two senior players, Emiley Geen and Danielle West. Not only is Emiley Geen a senior this school year, she is also our tennis team’s number-one player. Emiley has played on the Ladycats tennis team now for 4 years; she is a huge asset to the team.

In past years, Farmington has been one of the most difficult teams to beat. Last year was the first time in 7 years we won against them. On August 31st the Ladycats tennis team had a victory for the second consecutive year in a row. This year our Ladycats tennis team’s record is 7-6, winning about half of our games. Although the Ladycats haven’t won all of their matches, they have improved greatly since the start of their season.