Scratch Pad

The Student News Site of Fredericktown High School

Scratch Pad

Scratch Pad

Polls

How Is My Site?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

How to “Team” on Softball

Michaela+Reagan+%289%29+sends+one+over+the+plate+against+St.+Pius.+
Dominick rehkop
Michaela Reagan (9) sends one over the plate against St. Pius.

On Wednesday, September 27, the Ladycats played against St. Pius, and the final score was 5 – 3. It was the 19th game of the season, bringing them to a 14-5 season record so far.

The girls on the softball team truly like Coach Allgier. Allie Bloom (12) says, “She has a positive attitude and keeps everybody up.” Abby Kinkead (12) commented, “Coach Allgier has good leadership.” They would also like to mention the assistant coach, Ms. Young.

The different knowledge and different types of learning from each coach help the team grow and promote good sportsmanship. Asking Allie how she feels about her coaches, she says, “Seeing different coaches’ perspectives on the game and trying different ways to make myself better helps.” Sadie says, “Teaching players new techniques is an essential function of our coaches.”

Another fundamental aspect of softball is evolving. When asked what the best way to memorize new skills was, Sadie said, “By repeating the action.” Abby commented on Sadie’s statement saying,  “We, as players, need to practice if we want to grow.” Many of the girls say that the past teams they’ve been on have made them better players. Abby appreciates how “this team is all friends” this year; they are much closer than her past teams were. A team with a good environment of people who enjoy being around each other makes it easier for each player to continue with what they need to do.

Getting some of the senior’s highlights, Allie says she is proud of all her awards. “My junior year of high school, I got all-district and was the only one to get that all year.” Sadie believes that her best moments are her three home runs.

The girls broke the school record this season, bringing in 16 wins. Competing in the district tournament, the team placed second overall! We are so proud of these girls and can not wait for their season next year.