Scratch Pad

The Student News Site of Fredericktown High School

Scratch Pad

Scratch Pad

Polls

Would you like to add study hall back into the school schedule?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Barnwarmin’ 2023

A look inside the 2023 Barnwarmin’
Candidates+waiting+on+the+haybales+for+the+king+and+queen+to+be+announced.+
Mattie Miller
Candidates waiting on the haybales for the king and queen to be announced.

Every year the FFA program holds Winter Barnwarmin’. It is a dance held as a reward for the students’ hard work during fruit sales earlier in the year. In more recent years, it has been moved to the Ag shop, but it previously was in the high school gym. Leading up to the event on December 1, 2023, a male and a female from each grade are selected for the chance to win Barnwarmin’s king and queen.

This year’s candidates were freshmen Jonsyn Rehkop and Caleb Feltz, sophomores Grady Phillips and Grant Thompson, juniors Erika Robbs and Zack Tuller, and seniors Addie Shetley and Wyatt Underwood.

The event began with dancing while everyone was showing up, followed by the first game of yoga ball relay races, in which Mr. Graham and Mr. Allgier participated this year. They continued dancing for a bit before playing a hula hoop game. After some time they began the candidate introductions.

After each grade was introduced, they announced the winners. The queen was senior Addie Shetley, who was shocked when she received the crown. Even more so, she celebrated winning with her co-workers the following day. The king was freshman Caleb Feltz, who was also surprised to win the crown.

Addie and Caleb continued the Ag tradition of the king and queen dance before everyone else joined them to finish off the night with some final dances. As the dance came to an end, students helped their teachers clean up before going home. This year’s dance was quite interesting with some fun Ag members, and we can’t wait for the fun next year!